Sachin should continue playing Test cricket: Says Arjuna Ranatunga


At an award ceremony on Thursday evening, former Sri Lankan skipper Arjuna Ranatunga said that, Sachin Tendulkar still has a lot of cricket left and should continue playing test cricket.

However Ranatunga made it clear that, the decision of retirement is very important decision and the player should understand when his time is up. He referred to his own example explaining his statement.
Arjuna Ranatunga At Award ceremony in Colombo.

“When I took my decision I always thought that I could have played for three more years. Now I feel that I took the right decision because people ask me why are you retiring rather than when are you retiring,” he was quoted by Khaleej Times.

Ranatunga further added referring to Sanath Jayasuriya that, people shouldn’t question your value and presence in the team. “Ultimately the entire country asked him when are you retiring and he still plays,” he said.

Ranatunga retired from international cricket in 2001. He was involved in a lot of controversies during his career. He’s also credited to for leading Sri Lanka to their only World Cup win in 1996. Since his retirement he has entered politics and also held the Deputy Minister of Tourism portfolio for Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment