Virat Kohli says Sachin Tendulkar is the reason he started playing cricket

"Sachin Tendulkar is the reason I started playing" -- said India's most promising batting talent right now, Virat Kohli, as he paid tribute to the senior batsman for completing a century of international hundreds. At a felicitation function organised by industrialist and IPL team Mumbai Indians' owner Mukesh Ambani, Kohli was asked to give his thoughts on the 39-year-old, who completed the incredible feat during the recent Asia Cup in Bangladesh.
The 23-year-old right-hander, who is in the form of his life having scored three hundreds in his past four one-dayers, said as a child he only dreamed of catching a glimpse of Tendulkar in person.
"He is the reason why I have started playing cricket. Like me I think most of the youngsters in the India started playing cricket because of him," Virat said as Tendulkar looked back at him smiling.
"Now it is just a great honour to share the same dressing room with him. I remember when I was small, my only dream was to see him in real life and to play with him now is just a great honour for me. I couldn't have asked for anything more," he added.

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    For all cricket fans try out Fantasy cricket. It is a unique and innovative platform that enables users to showcase their cricket knowledge and skill to win cash daily in their fantasy leagues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. India Cricket Player Virat Kohli got a 6th position in most marketable sponsers. Saina Nehwal is listedin 44 th positions.kohli Lewis Hamilton.

    virat kohli

    ReplyDelete